Wednesday, November 19, 2025

"Theme in Yellow"

A short and fun poem for the middle of the week.  You can read "Theme in Yellow" right here.

Discussion Questions:

1.  How would you describe the tone of this poem?

2.  If you were to write a poem about something yellow or orange, what would you choose to focus on?

8 comments:

  1. 1. Well, it starts out sounding kind of like a riddle, like the ones told in The Hobbit. I personally find it kind of playful, especially toward the end, when it's like someone teasing a kid and pretending they're going to eat them, and the kid knows it's a joke but plays along anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that comparison! It does have a little bit of a riddle thing going on.

      Delete
  2. 2. Sunsets, probably. I'm never really out to see a sunset, but maybe that's what makes me so fond of them (or, more likely, it's The Outsiders)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do see sunsets on Mondays when we drop Abby at ballet lately, but thanks to the hill and trees to the west of our house, yeah, we don't see them very often.

      Delete
  3. 1. I think it's just sweet, and kind of sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2. Tigers! Definitely tigers. Or buttercups, or fall leaves. Or maybe goldfish. As in the snack that smiles back, lol. But seriously, I love goldfish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll run out of poetry subjects for a while :-D

      Delete

Tell me your thoughts and opinions and questions!