Monday, November 17, 2025

Introducing Your Final Poetry Project

You may have noticed on the schedule that you have a final project due the last week of class.

That project is a longer analysis of the poem of your choice.  By "longer" I mean it should be about 400 to 500 words.  By "poem of your choice," I mean you should choose a poem by any of the poets we have discussed (or will be discussing) in class -- but it can't be a poem we have already discussed.

When choosing your poem, remember to find one that you think you could talk about for 400 to 500 words.  If you want some suggestions, I can give you some, but you don't have to get my approval of the poem ahead of time.

You will turn in a first draft of your paper on Friday, December 12.  I will give you some feedback on that draft so you can make any necessary revisions, and then you will turn in the final draft of your paper on Friday, December 19.

Any questions?  Ask in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. The 14th of December is a Sunday - did you mean the 12th?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, the 12th for the first draft, 19th for the final draft. I'll fix it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. So do you want us to just copy and paste our paper as a comment here, or how would you prefer it sent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadia, I would prefer that you either email it to me as a Microsoft Word doc or similar, or share it as a Google doc.

      Delete

Tell me your thoughts and opinions and questions!