It's winter. I want snow. I love snow! You might hate snow, but if you do, too bad -- you have to read a poem about it anyway. You can read "Snow Day"
right here.
Discussion Questions:
1. What is the narrator's attitude toward snow? How do you know?
2. What is the message/point of this poem?
1. I think he likes it, at least kind of. If you don't like snow you aren't likely to shake snow on yourself. I think he likes it because it makes things peaceful, because it covers everything so nothing normal can go on.
ReplyDeleteGood points.
DeleteThat bit about shaking snow down on yourself reminds me of that Robert Frost poem, "Dust of Snow." I suspect it's meant to.
2. I guess that even when something has happened that stops a lot of normal things from going on, some still do - he drinks tea and listens to the radio, kids run around being crazy, girls whisper. So even if there's something like a revolution (even if it's just snow) going on, not everything changes.
ReplyDeleteOrdinary life carries on!
Delete1. I think he likes it, because it allows for peace and relaxation and coziness inside, but also for peace and a moseying walk outside. Or, if you're five, for the exact opposite in and out XP
ReplyDeleteYes! True on both counts.
Delete2. That school is the worst? ;D
ReplyDeleteProbably just that snow is nice, and that although it hides all of the natural world, people are always the same.
Ha ha, your first answer was the best
DeleteLol! I think that the break in routine is one of the things adults like best about snow days... and kids too, a lot of the time. Not having to go to school/do schoolwork, or not having to go to your job, is nice not just for what you don't have to do, but for the opportunity suddenly to do completely different things from the usual!
DeleteAnd playing in snow is enjoyable, for some of us :-) Bonus!
People definitely remain people, regardless of time, geography, etc.